Friday, May 8, 2009

My Favourite Vege Food

Sri Ananda Bahwan Restaurant

Now I shall bring you to the restaurant which serves my favourite vege food.



Masala Tosai........My favourite food!!!

Actually I kinda shocked, to see my favourite masala is green colour. It used to be in orange and reddish in colour.
To my liking, I love the new masala filling in the tosai. It was simply delicious. It is greenish because they added green beans with a touch of grounded pudina leaves into its masala potato filling.
=D YUMMY!!

The masala tosai is served with 4 dishes which are plain vegetable curry, 'sambar'(dhal mixed with potatoes and carrots), pudina chutney and chili & tomato chutney.

Plain Naan

My parents love the plain naan because it is tasty and light for them. The naan is soft and not dry and my dad tells that's how it is in India.
It served with 3 dishes which are pudina chutney, chili & tomato chutney and chick-pea curry.

After we had our main course, we wanted to try something else.
So we ordered.....

Milk Appam

I have never before ordered a milk appam from any restaurant.
My mum usually cooks it for us.
I got a shocked when the appam was served to us as the coconut milk is served separately in a cup.
Accordingly, this is the tamil way of serving appam.
The ceylonese way of making is that, the coconut milk is poured in the center of the fermented rice flour and cooked together. Then, a sprinkle of sugar is added over the coconut milk for some sweetness.
We just ordered 1 appam to be shared among the 3 of us. Thank goodness.
Besides that, we couldn't taste any of the fermented taste in this appam.

But I was ever satisfied with the taste of the masala tosai.

Making Tosai

This time the guy is making Rava Tosai. It contains slices of onions n green chili in it. Good stuff.


I like the catchy phrase written in red tamil language.
It says 'Restaurant Sri Ananda Bahwan, this is our home'.

I'll definately come again!!!



4 comments:

  1. hey hey ... dropping by for another look at Mr Z's personal blog. not bad, with food reviews some more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. faster update ur post..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i thought you don't take greeny stuff aka food for cows?????????

    ReplyDelete